List of reference books for Psychology Mains
1. MUKUL PATHAK SIR'S CLASS NOTES (FOR BOTH PAPERS) (2-3 READINGS FOR BASIC UNDERSTANDING).
2. MUKUL PATHAK SIR'S PRINTED MATERIAL (FOR PAPER II ONLY. READ VERY LESS FOR PAPER I AS IT IS TOO BULKY).
3. ANY ONE OF THE THREE. MORGAN KING or BARON or CICCARELLI. The last one is good. Read it 2-3 times and make personal note of each chapter. BARON IS RECOMMENDED FOR CSAT.
4. SYSTEMS AND THEORIES OF PSYCHOLOGY by KRAWIEC & CHAPLIN ( If u have less time then read Perception 2 chapters, Personality, Thinking and Language, Quantitative Psychology)(If you have enough time in your hand then read the whole book word by word and 2-3 times and make note of each chapter) EXCELLENT BOOK. READ IT WELL IF YOU WANT A SCORE OF 370-400.
5. THEORIES OF PERSONALITY by HALL & LINDZEY (Last chapter and Introduction & Current Status and Evaluation of each theorist).
6. SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY by BARON & BYRNE (Attitude chapter, Summary of each chapter, all terminologies and definitions and all pictographic representations) (Write them down in note format). (It is helpful in Paper II if you can apply the concepts & terminologies).
7. ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY AND MODERN LIFE by CARSON & BUTCHER (Therapies chapter, Summary of each chapter and all pictographic representations) (Write them down in note format).
8. NCERT PSYCHOLOGY XI, XII (For Indian aspect) (More helpful in Paper II) (Optional)
9. RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN PSYCHOLOGY & ANY PSYCHOLOGY RELATED NEWS FROM THE HINDU.
10. Jot down 200-300 TERMINOLOGIES from these TEXT BOOKS and apply them in MAINS wherever you think to be APPROPRIATE and RELEVANT.
11. APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY by SMARAK SWAIN (Optional).
COURTESY: Dr. Bijay Ketan Upadhyaya, (IAS, AIR-05) in CSE-2008 and All-India topper in Psychology with 381 marks.